20th Annual Adventure-O
Time & Location
This event is a paddle, trek, and bike adventure for solo racers or teams of 2, 3 or 4!
Chippewa Falls, WI area. The specific start location will be released end of June.
Two Race Options:
- Bike: ~10 miles
- Trek: ~5 miles
- Paddle: ~3 miles
- Bike: ~25 miles
- Trek: ~10 miles
- Paddle: ~6 miles
What to expect:
- Multiple maps (e.g., orienteering map, USGS map, aerial map)
- Excellent navigation
- 5-10 miles running/trekking
- 3-5 miles paddling (some portaging will be required)
- 10-25 miles biking on asphalt/gravel roads and single track
- Light snacks provided after the race
Important Boat Information:
Racers are encouraged to bring their own canoes and kayaks (and paddles and pfds). Portaging will be required. If unable to provide your own boat we can arrange one for $60 per boat. When registering, purchase the canoe rental ticket (one ticket per canoe) in addition to the race ticket.
Boats will start from the registration area and finish a few miles away. Racers will pick up boats after the race.
3 Hour Event: $100 per team, $75/solo
8 Hour Event: $200 per team, $150/solo
Registration Deadline: TBD
- 11:15 to 11:45am Short Course Check-In
- 12:00pm Short Course Map Distribution
- 12:30pm Short Course Start
- 4:30pm Short Course Close
- 8:15 - 8:45am Long Course Check-In
- 9:00am Long Course Map Distribution
- 9:30am Long Course Start
- 5:30pm Long Course Close
Come Clean Leave Clean:
The Minnesota Orienteering Club practices a Come Clean Leave Clean policy. This helps us maintain a good relationship with the parks we utilize, sets a good example for other users, and limits the transfer and spread of many of the plants that make our venues less enjoyable.
Meet our Sponsors:
Thanks to our sponsors of the 2021 Adventure-O!
Race results are usually published within 24 hours of the event. View our Race Results page to see the results.
Race Director: TBD
Setter: Kendra Stritch
Vetter: Michael Carlson, Mike McKeen
There is a $30.00 non-refundable deposit when registering for a MNOC Adventure-O event. Teams register by paying the entire team registration fee in full. Teams are not considered registered until full payment is received. Teams may change categories between 2-person, 3-Person and 4-person, as long as there is available space in the event. Teams that have teammates who fall ill or cannot participate due to unforeseen events are expected to find replacement teammates. All teams are subject to the following refund schedule; there are no exceptions. Team name and teammates may be changed up to race-day registration. Contact us to make changes.
- Full refund less non-refundable deposit within 30 days of date of registration, up to 30 days before the race.
- No refunds within 30 days of the race date.
If you have any questions or comments about this event, please feel free to Contact Us.
- Canoe Rental$60$600$0
- Solo Registration-3 HOUR Event$75$750$0
- Solo Registration-8 HOUR event$150$1500$0
- Team Registration-3 HOUR Event$100$1000$0
- Team Registration-8 HOUR Event$200$2000$0