Sever's Corn Maze-O
Time & Location
About the event
An important message from MNOC President Pete Wentzel regarding this meet:
We are pleased to announce that MNOC will be conducting a limited set of events this fall. We will have several constraints on the meets that we do conduct, so we ask that you please read, ask for clarification if necessary, and commit to following these constraints before you register. These constraints are necessary for your safety, our volunteers safety, and the viability of follow on events. If we have issues with compliance, the event, and follow on events will be placed in jeopardy.
- Pre-registration only.
- Only registered (by name) individuals will be allowed in MNOC permitted areas. No spectators. NOTE! Please get a ticket for every member in your group.
- We will only set limited courses. You will select a course when you register. No changes to course selection will be allowed. Maps will be pre-printed, assigned and quarantined prior to the event.
- You must follow input from our CoVid team. The team will be facilitating flow on arrival and completion, monitoring 2m separation, and conformance to park rules for assembly. They have volunteered so that you can participate, please don’t spoil their efforts.
- You will be assigned an arrival and start window. Come to the MNOC area ready to orienteer. Park amenities are largely shut down, so plan accordingly. Details of what to expect will be published to you prior to the day of the event. We will solicit preferences, so register early to get preferential starts. If you miss your time slot, we will not be able to accommodate changes.
- Masks will be required until you reach the start punch and immediately following the finish punch.
- 6’ of separation will be requested at all times, including control locations.
- All of these constraints are subject to modification, deletion, or addition. We will do our best to communicate changes as soon as they are known.
We are thrilled to be able to conduct these events for you. It will be stressful on the volunteers; please thank them and consider being one of them. We look forward to the day when we can relax these measures and conduct a meet like we used to, informal, social, and as a reunion of our community.
Please contact me directly (email@example.com) for any questions or comments.
Sever's Corn Maze location: 3121 W 150th St in Shakopee, MN 55379 - just 2 miles south of 169 & 41.
Note: Due to Covid, some of Sever’s regular features may be affected.
Cost is $18, which includes admission to Sever’s for the entire day! Children 3 and under are free. Pre-registration of ALL participants and spectators is REQUIRED; there will be no day-of registration. The deadline for registration is Thursday noon, October 1. All participants must pay for a ticket as it also gets you into Sever's Corn Maze. If you are doing the course as a group, you will still need to buy a ticket for each participant as it is their ticket into Sever's Corn Maze as well.
Check-In: 7:45 am
Race Start: 8:00 - 9:00 am (We will have two windows of start times and you will need to start during your assigned timeframe. We will email your start time to you sometime during the week before the event).
Course Closure: 9:30 am
The course will need to be disassembled starting at 9:30 am. This means we will have to stop all starts around 9 am.
Sever's Corn Maze has a new location as of 2019: 3121 W 150th St in Shakopee, MN 55379 - just 2 miles south of 169 & 41.
Visit Sever’s Corn Maze website for more info on Sever’s Corn Maze.
Come orienteer in the midwest's largest, most intricate corn maze! The Corn Maze-O event is a favorite event for young and olde, veterans and beginners. Stick around after running through the maze for a relay in the giant corn pit.
MNOC has exclusive use of Sever’s Corn Maze for this unique event. Sever's is open for regular business at 10:00 am, so encourage your family and friends to come early as participants or spectators for the Corn Maze-O, and then spend the rest of the day enjoying all of the activities Sever’s has to offer. There is a giant slide, extreme corn pit, petting zoo, pig races, jumping pillows, pumpkin patch, magic show, a live polka band, and a great selection of fall food favorites!
There will be two courses: a longer course and a shorter course. The straw bale maze adjacent to the corn maze may also come into play, either as part of the long and short courses, or as a separate fun course.
Come Clean Leave Clean
The Minnesota Orienteering Club practices a Come Clean Leave Clean policy. This helps us maintain a good relationship with the parks we utilize, sets a good example for other users, and limits the transfer and spread of many of the plants that make our venues less enjoyable.
It takes a handful of volunteers to make each of our events successful. If you would like to learn more about volunteering, please see our Volunteering page. MNOC would like to thank you for volunteering. We have a limited number of $5 REI gift cards for each meet to give thank you's to volunteers. If you would like one, please ask the race director. Learn more about volunteering.
Race results are usually published within 24 hours of the event. View our Race Results page to see the results.
Race Director: TBD
Setter/Vetter Team: Elspeth Ronnander, Erik Pieh
If you have any questions or comments about this event, please feel free to Contact Us.
- Children 3 or under$0$00$0