WI Interstate State Park Regular Meet
Time & Location
An important message from MNOC President Pete Wentzel regarding this meet:
We are pleased to announce that MNOC will be conducting a limited set of events this fall. We will have several constraints on the meets that we do conduct, so we ask that you please read, ask for clarification if necessary, and commit to following these constraints before you register. These constraints are necessary for your safety, our volunteers safety, and the viability of follow on events. If we have issues with compliance, the event, and follow on events will be placed in jeopardy.
- Pre-registration only. Attendance is limited by the park and State (MN and WI) rules.
- Only registered (by name) individuals will be allowed in MNOC permitted areas. No spectators. NOTE! Please get a ticket for every member in your group as we are restricted by the park as to how many participants we can have at this meet.
- We will only set limited courses. You will select a course when you register. No changes to course selection will be allowed. Maps will be pre-printed, assigned and quarantined prior to the event.
- You must follow input from our CoVid team. The team will be facilitating flow on arrival and completion, monitoring 2m separation, and conformance to park rules for assembly. They have volunteered so that you can participate, please don’t spoil their efforts.
- You will be assigned an arrival and start window. Come to the MNOC area ready to orienteer. Park amenities are largely shut down, so plan accordingly. Details of what to expect will be published to you prior to the day of the event. We will solicit preferences, so register early to get preferential starts. If you miss your time slot, we will not be able to accommodate changes.
- We can’t allow you to hang out after the meet. We will be actively managing people within the MNOC permitted area. Plan on finishing your course and connecting on results at a later time.
- Masks will be required until you reach the start punch and immediately following the finish punch.
- 6’ of separation will be requested at all times, including control locations.
- All of these constraints are subject to modification, deletion, or addition. We will do our best to communicate changes as soon as they are known.
We are thrilled to be able to conduct these events for you. It will be stressful on the volunteers; please thank them and consider being one of them. We look forward to the day when we can relax these measures and conduct a meet like we used to, informal, social, and as a reunion of our community.
Please contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions or comments.
IMPORTANT! All racers must pre-register to attend. No day-of registration. We have reached our maximum number of registrants so registration is closed.
Registration/Check-In: Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your assigned start time. Your map and e-stick will be ready for you in a sealed bag with your name on it.
Race Start: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (You will be assigned a window of time when you may start your race. Watch for an email a day before the meet with your assigned start time. We will solicit preferences, so register early to get preferential starts. If you miss your time slot, we will not be able to accommodate changes.)
Course Closure: 3:30 pm (We can’t allow you to hang out after the meet. We will be actively managing people within the MNOC permitted area. Plan on finishing your course and connecting on results at a later time.)
Regular Orienteering Meet with Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced course options.
PRICING (Registration is limited to 50 participants due to park rules) REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Pre-registered Pricing:* (online only for this event)
*$3 discount for orienteering club members
**Juniors are 19 years old and under
All racers must pre-register to attend. No day-of registration.
NOTE: Participants are responsible for paying any applicable park entrance fees.
From the Twin Cities, take I-35 north to Forest Lake. Exit right (east) on US-8. Follow US-8 for 23 miles, through several towns, until it crosses the St. Croix River into Wisconsin. 3/4 mile after crossing the river, exit right (south) on SH-35 and go another 3/4 miles to the park entrance on the right. Look for O-meet signs once inside the park. Start/Finish location TBD.
Come Clean Leave Clean
The Minnesota Orienteering Club practices a Come Clean Leave Clean policy. This helps us maintain a good relationship with the parks we utilize, sets a good example for other users, and limits the transfer and spread of many of the plants that make our venues less enjoyable.
It takes a handful of volunteers to make each of our events successful. If you would like to learn more about volunteering, please see our Volunteering page. MNOC would like to thank you for volunteering. We have a limited number of $5 REI gift cards for each meet to give thank you's to volunteers. If you would like one, please ask the race director. Learn more about volunteering.
Race results are usually published within 24 hours of the event. View our Race Results page to see the results.
Race Director: TBD
Setter/Vetter: Kendra Stritch, Ian Young
If you have any questions or comments about this event, please feel free to Contact Us.
- Adult Member Regular Course$8$80$0
- Jr. Member Regular Course$7$70$0
- Adult Regular Course$11$110$0
- Junior Regular Course$10$100$0
- Child (Under age 5)$0$00$0