It takes a few volunteers at each of the meets to make our O-season
successful. We've been doing this for a long time, however, so the
process and duties are pretty streamlined. At each of the meets the positions
that need to be filled are:
Photo credit: Pete Curtis
- Meet Director (1 person or team) - Generally the first to come, last
to go on the day of the meet. Put up the signs leading to the meet and
get the maps and other supplies to the meet. Get the money to the
treasurer, collect results, and write a blurb for the newsletter and the web site.
- Registration (2 people) - Take the fees and hand out the maps and control cards.
- Start/Finish (2 people) - Keep the watch and give people start and finish times.
- Instruction (1 person) - Help newcomers with information on how to fill out the control card,
make corrections on the map where needed, go through the start procedure and copying of controls to their maps.
Also be available to answer general questions.
- Results (1 person) - Calculate the times and post the cards at the meet.
- Control Retrieval (4-6 people) - Help pick up the controls after the meet is finished. (This is a good way
to do an extra course for free!)
Click here for more detailed
of each of these positions.
If you would like to contribute to the success of the MNOC meets by
volunteering for one of these positions, please contact
email@example.com to be put in contact with the meet director.